Well, I didn't do as well as I aspired to do yesterday with making people smile. I did make a group of 5 teenage boys smile when I took this picture of a crystal mosque in the mall. They were actually laughing at me more than smiling.
On the other hand, I did help a lady out of the middle of the road who was hit by a car today. She was definitely not smiling and I didn't take a picture...that would cross the line into crazy land. She did seem to be alright, il-hum-dul-allah (praise be to God). The streets of Cairo are so dangerous. Usually the rule of thumb is when you get hit by a car the driver stops and asks if he can take you to the hospital. This lady just had him take her home and about 3 of us helped her into the man's car. I don't think I would want a ride in a car of a complete stranger that just plowed me down. Would you? Anyway, if you're walking about in Cairo today, be careful. People just shouldn't drive on an empty stomach.


No comments:
Post a Comment