Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will "Cat-Hog" see her shadow?


I am unsure if little ground hog Phil saw his shadow or not but I am quite certain that winter is over. Today is supposed to be 91 degrees. Time to break out the shorts (for the kids that is...it would be very strange for me to wear short sleeves, yet alone shorts outside). Yesterday I won the "Worst Mother of The Year" award from George. George has long white hair and a gold tooth. He is the man who painted our flat when we first arrived. The thing that I find most interesting about George is that he paints in his underwear. I guess this keeps his clothes from getting paint on them. His two sons, who work with him, paint in their clothes so I know that it isn't an Egyptian thing...I think it's just a George thing. This was a bit of a shock for me when I came to check on the progress of his work a few months ago. Anyway, I think George is my husbands favorite Egyptian. He loves George! He ran into him walking home yesterday from dropping the kids off at school and minuets later there was George in my house fixing anything my husband could think of that might be broken. If I was to liken his and George's relationship to anything I would say it reminds me of Murphy Brown and her painter friend. Anyway, George came over and saw that Theo had short sleeves on and that his shirt was a bit damp from drinking water and...yes, the trophy went to me. Next time George comes over I should have all my kids running around in their underwear just like he does.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness April :) That picture cracks me up. Is that your cat? Sounds like a conversation with George about his wardrobe may be due soon. Sorry to hear people criticize you for no socks on Theo and Luke's attire :( Just know you are an AMAZING mom and here kids run around practically naked all the time!!

    ReplyDelete