Friday, November 5, 2010

Somewhere beyond the sea





For those who wonder if I am still alive or if I ever will post again, here I am.  I actually have written about 5 posts this month.  That's not a huge amount, but some posts are for posting and some are just for processing.  So this the post to start them up again.

October, like our cat, just ran away from us.  About a week ago the weather here has cooled down and that has made life so much better.  Jubilee had fall term break and we did something that was long over due.  We went to the Red Sea again.  Unless you have lived in Cairo, you may never fully understand the importance of a trip like this.

It was wonderful for several reasons, but the main one is that our children are finally old enough to play well together without much interference from Mom and Dad.  Theo has stopped putting everything in his mouth and was pleasantly cautious to not go in the water by himself.  I also realized that all my kids have been sleeping through the night.  I don't even know when that started...I just now thought of it.  We did return with stuffy noses and sore throats, but at least we were well relaxed to deal with it.

Now that I am on this side of our 3 night get-a-way, I am faced with the reality of what the next month entails.  In just short of a month we will be sending across the oceans our small worldly lot, mostly my husbands books but also pots and pans, toys, etc., ahead of us.  We will be saying goodbyes and making our  final memories of Egypt.  Last night we bought our tickets and now have a return date of Dec. 11th.  We come back on 12/11/10 @9 (It's a bit silly, I know).

Last night I had an anxiety dream that included first tastes of peaches, snow slides, giant cookies, bubbles blown at the wrong time, left items, and time limits.  It was a long dream, to say the least, that I insisted on my husband listening to before I drank my cup of coffee and lost the details.  After thinking about it today I felt like I was trying to take care of my own needs and the children's needs and make sure that nothing got left behind.  That is my worry right now.  I don't know how we will all feel in a month but I am trying to be proactive to provide the easiest transition possible.  Ultimately, as much as I would like to have full control of every detail of our return, it will be much better if I just give it to God.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you said Theo doesn't put stuff in his mouth anymore!!! That picture would prove otherwise :D
    I can't imagine all the details that go into a move like that, but I will be praying it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hear wanting to do all that I can to help with that transition too! I'm also doing my best to give things to God. My love and prayers are with you all in this transition!

    ReplyDelete