The boys didn't really feel like celebrating and found something better to do...
Anyway, I was just a mom. I spent a good 24 hours cleaning up vomit, both my boys had huge purple and blue bumps on their foreheads from falling off the sofa, and I found myself playing "Rambo" with messes like this...
Which actually doubled as my husbands "crazy hair" for crazy hair day at school. My husband applied his new "Rambo" skill on our roach infestation. Ahhh, the joys of city life!
Did you know that people in Cairo keep animals on their rooftops? I was reminded of this while playing "mommy nurse" at 4:00 am. I could hear a rooster singing along with the call of prayer. Most of the time all I hear are car horns and the clanking sound of men hitting wrenches on propane tanks trying to make a sale. Along with roosters, chickens, and pigeons (Egyptian's birds of choice for food), people keep goats and sheep rooftop too. Once, a friend of ours even told us a story about a cow that jumped off the balcony of a building. It is also common to be driving through the city and see scenes like this...
Growing up in the mountains, I often find myself craving nature. With so many people around, nature has a tendency to blend into the background. It was nice to hear that rooster and it was nice to be just a mom.




Love that last paragraph :) You live in an interesting city, that's for sure!! Glad to hear Jubilee and the others are feeling better; sorry you had a tough week :(
ReplyDeleteIsn't neat that God would speak to your heart with comfort, in the wee hours of the morning, using the crow of a rooster? Praise God that you enjoyed being a Mom in the midst of bruises, bumps, messes, and yes, even vomit! I love you and feel very proud to be your mother-in-law.
ReplyDelete