Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Days


I am very happy about the next few weeks.  My husband's father and sister are coming from America to visit us.  I love it when family comes for lots of reasons.  One, I miss family tremendously.  Two, I get things worked on in the flat that normally would sit on the mental to do list.  Third, there are lots of bounty in tow.  And lastly, I get to do sight seeing and take lots of pictures.

Another reason I am excited is that we have a car, thanks to our friends, who are on holiday in Holland.  Hear ye, hear ye...Cairo is a very different city if you have your own car.

Note to Taxi drivers: I am sorry to say, even though you give me tons to write about, everyone needs a season of change.

A very cool thing about the car is it tells what the temperature is and today I was thinking to myself...Wow, it's 118F, no wonder it feels like the AC isn't working.  I also drove for the first time in Egypt.  My husband had double parked and ran into a store.  Of course, the man who owned the other car came back and wanted to leave.  I drove a whole 3 yards.  Here are some photos I took while driving around today...

(I bought the little light green water melon on the right.)


(Oh, the looks we get!)



(That's right, gasp, no car seat!  We should have one next week when Grandpa comes:))


4 comments:

  1. You are too funny!! "Oh the looks we get" :) It IS fun to have visitors and I'm SO happy for you - you will have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for family! So, what in the world is that fabric in the backseat? :D Baby T looks SO tiny just sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are covered with rag rugs that can be tossed into the washer when needed. It is so dirty here that everything must be washable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It MUST be HARD driving around without a car seat. Can't wait to hear about ALL the FUN you guys are going to have when Jim and Trina arrive...

    ReplyDelete