Friday, March 5, 2010

Who needs Chuck E Cheese?


I love how Egyptians celebrate birthdays. First, you need a DJ with HUGE woofer speakers and lots and lots of Arabic Music. Second, you need a person dressed up in a want-a-be Winnie the Pooh costume or the front end of a horse. Add a microphone that sounds really muffled, a couple dozen kids with their covered and veiled mothers and bearded fathers and there you go. I mean, who needs the pressure of awkward silence or that dreaded lull in the conversation. In fact, who needs conversation at all during a party. If you friends don't show up, that's alright there are enough kids in the neighbor hood to go around. So hat's off, I say, to that special little munch-kin who was celebrating their birthday today at the mall. PS: Winnie the Pooh never looked so scary.

3 comments:

  1. Next time you have to get video footage of these parties! I remember one at the Heliopolis McDonald's like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a smurf in the picture? Can't quite figure out the white beard and the purple suit :) Sounds so funny to watch :)

    ReplyDelete